The Heritage of County Meath
Amateur Photography Competition
Organised by Meath Tourism and the Office of Public Works.
Closing date for receipt of entries is Friday May 1st 2009.
County Meath, Ireland's Heritage Capital is rich in heritage, history and tradition.
This is your chance to capture County Meath's vibrant heritage in a photograph and share it.
We are looking for photographs on:
This year the winning entries will be used to create new postcards.
- Landscape, Plants and Wildlife
Conditions of Entry
1) Please submit printed photographs to Photography Competition,
Brú na Bóinne
Visitor Centre, Donore, Co. Meath to reach us by Friday 1st of May at 4.30pm.
Entries will not be accepted by Email.
2) Photographs must be a minimum 10x8 inches in size (either portrait or landscape type)
and must have been taken by the entrant in County Meath. Images that have been previously
published will not be accepted.
3) Photographs cannot be returned.
4) Entrant's name, address, telephone number and age (if under 18) and the location
of the photograph should be written clearly on the back of the photograph.
5) The winners will be presented with their prize on Thursday May 14th in Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre.
6) A selection of entries will be displayed in Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre from May 6th to May 31st.
7) Meath Tourism, the OPW and DOEHLG reserve the right to reproduce any of the photographs.
8) One overall prize of €200 will be awarded along with prizes in each category.
9) Winners will be asked to submit their photograph in digital format.
10) Judges' decision is final.
Further enquiries to Brú na Bóinne phone 041 9880300.
1) Under 10 years of age on 1st May 2009
2) 10 years - 17 years on 1st May 2009
3) Adult (18 years and over)
Boyne Valley Private Day Tours
Pick up and return to your accommodation or cruise ship. Suggested day tour:
Newgrange World Heritage site, 10th century High Crosses at Monasterboice,
Hill of Tara the seat of the High Kings of Ireland and the Hill of Slane where St. Patrick let a Paschal fire in 433